We have been busy busy!! I can't believe how fast Christmas is coming. We still have a ton of shopping to do...but in the meantime, we have been doing a lot of Christmas activities.....
Friday night was Todd's Christmas party and every table has a centerpiece that they draw for. We won! It is so cute and quite big!
Saturday we went to the Festival of Trees. We've never gone so I kind of had to drag everyone to go. They got their picture taken with Santa. AJ did not want to be in the picture but he was a good sport and got his picture taken.
This was the bowling tree. The boys loved it. Now if you're not familiar with the festival of trees, it is a fundraiser for Portneuf Medical Center. You place a bid on a tree and the highest bid wins the tree. Well, we decided to place a bid since it only had one on the sheet. I really didn't expect to win it but there was only a couple hours left to bid on it. Yes, we won the tree. Well, we won the bid to "buy" the tree. That was a little confusing to explain to the boys. They thought you put down a number and if you put the highest, you won it. It was fun, though. It had alot of coupons for bowling and pizza and it came with a bowling ball and bag. The people from the bowling alley were not too surprised that we got the tree. So now we will have two trees. We will put this downstairs and it will be the bowling tree...with all bowling ornaments. Except it will be next year.....we didn't have our tree up yet and how fitting it came shrink wrapped all set up ready to go. That made Todd's day! That's all right.....I don't know when we were going to get our tree up because we have been so busy with other things.
I got a new camera and I LOVE it!! It takes pictures immediately and they are not blurry! The boys were playing around after seeing all the trees. I'm surprised no one fell....they were running pretty fast!
And today, whew!!.....we made gingerbread houses. It is a family tradition that I try to do every year. I do it the simple way....they are not made from gingerbread and most of it is hot glued together! This first one is Braedon's...notice the snowman on TOP of the house...he got that idea from Tyler. The second one is AJ's.....he wanted it very simple....he didn't really decorate the sides of the house. The third one is Tyler's. He also has the snowman on top of the house....he also has a bike on the left side...pretty clever idea and notice the guy at the door....he fell off the bike and landed on the front door step. It's fun to see the different ideas they come up with!



4 comments:
Looks like lots of fun going on there Angie!! I wish my tree came over all decorated too! Love the gingerbread houses. I'll have to remember the shortcut ways!!
That's funny you have a bowling tree! How fitting is that! Now every year you are going to have to put up two trees how do you fell about that? That is pretty freakin halarious....Oh ya AJ's hair looks like Gov. Rod Blagojevich.
-Brian
You are such a great mom! I always think how fun it would be to make gingerbread houses, but I never do it. Maybe when Hunter is older.
how fun!! i have not been good at keeping up with everyone lately!!! we really need to get together soon the week after christmas is bad i work in the evening all week. so we will have to get together the second week of january!! i miss you guys!! by the way happy late birthday!! im so sorry i didnt get you called im a bad friend lately!! ill make it up to you i promise!!!
Post a Comment