Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving! Ours was really good. We went to Todd's parents and the food was great. We played lots of games and just visited with all the family.

So, I always look through the adds for Black Friday but never see anything that I "have to have". Plus, I hate dealing with the crowds and the lines so I just avoid shopping at all on Friday after Thanksgiving. Well, this year I found so much stuff that would save a lot of money if I got up at 5 in the morning. I braved it. I got up at 5 and headed out. I have never seen so many shoppers in my life on one day!! It was insane. I was trying to imagine it would be crazy, alot of people, long lines, but this was more than I could've imagined. I got there 20 minutes after the store had opened and the line was already weaving throughout the store. It took me 15 minutes to get what I needed and then 45 minutes to stand in line! People weren't too bad actually. Except I did have a crowder. It's hard to see where the end of the line was, so I could understand why they crowded. I told them nicely where the end of the line was. The 2 women in front of me didn't say anything, they stood facing forward and didn't move. Now, the little old man apologized and went to the end of the line. I was really irritated. I would've let the little old man stay in front of me, but the women, I could've cared less!! It was funny too, because they would turn around and look at me and everytime I was staring right back at them and they would hurry and turn around. They did this quite a few times! In the end I felt bad I made the old man go to the end of the line. If I would've known the two women wouldn't have moved I wouldn't have said anything. I guess my experience wasn't too bad compared to what I've heard before, but I'm still trying to decide if it was worth it.

4 comments:

aironn said...

Good for you for braving the lines and crowds. I've never gone and this year I looked and looked for something I needed but didn't find it. Good thing too because I'm sure in Utah where the crowds are already insane, Black Friday would have been more than I could take!

Shelley Patterson said...

That's great that you braved it. I didn't end up going this year, but last year was crazy for me. I'm glad you found a lot of stuff you wanted this year to make it worth it!

Hieb Family said...

I have a hard time picturing you making a mean face to anyone. Sorry it didn't work out the way you hoped. I went @ 10:30 and still got everything I wanted without a line:)

Jen Herem said...

Thanksgiving was fun! So good to see you guys and play Bunko.. even though I suck!

Can you email me your address?
jenniferherem@yahoo.com

Thanks Ang