Saturday, August 30, 2008

Labor Day....

We are all enjoying this long weekend, so far. On Sunday, we are planning to go to Lagoon. The kids are very excited because we told them we probably wouldn't go this year. Todd ended up getting some free tickets, so we figured we couldn't let them go to waste. This weekend was the only time we could go, so it is probably going to be packed. Unless the weather is bad, then it might not be. That's the best time to go, though, when the weather is a little cooler.
The boys have been going off this bike jump for the last few weeks. Well, they decided to buy a new one and when we got home, AJ hurried and set it up. I didn't think to look at it, but knew it looked a little flimsy. AJ hit the jump and crashed big time. He scraped his cheek ( I have no idea how that happened), scraped his elbows, ripped his BRAND NEW pants and cut up his knee. He was shook up pretty good. Todd went out to look at the jump to see what would have made him crash.... You are supposed to mount the jump to wood or something so it stays on the ground. I HATE THOSE THINGS! I can't watch them go off the jump because I don't want to see how they get hurt. Because I know it's going to happen. That might sound weird, but I will feel more pain than they do if I see how it happens! Then about 5 minutes after that happened, we were cleaning him up, Todd was making food, and Braedon wanted to help Todd crack an egg. The phone rang and while we weren't watching, Braedon touched the hot pan and burned his thumb! Holy Cow! Now we have two kids crying, trying to help both of them. It was crazy and we probably sound like the worst parents ever! But, accidents happen. I told the boys, if any of them crash again, I am throwing that thing away. Braedon is the crazy one on those jumps, he pulls his front tire up and it makes him land on his back tire. I have no idea how he keeps his balance. He thinks he gets so much air. He actually does, though! Those crazy kids. I just keep waiting for our next trip to the ER. It's been about 3 years. Tyler crashed his bike going off a jump and split his chin open. (Hmmmm....Imagine that!!!!)

1 comments:

Melissa said...

Good thing we will have an orthopaedic surgeon done with his residency in a few years the way the boys are accident prone. They may have to take a trip to Dr. Tim someday.

Enjoy the long weekend. Tim is working all weekend so wish we had some free time.