Well, as most of you already know, I have spent the last 4 years as a "stay at home mom". I was planning to go back to work when Braedon started school, but you moms know how hard it is to stay home all day, everyday. I decided it was best for me to start looking for jobs, thinking I would go back to work some time after school started this year. Things have moved a little quicker than I thought... I start my new job on August 7th! I will be working at Farm Bureau Insurance. I was actually offered another job too, with Hoku. It's a new plant opening sometime next year. I have spent the last few days thinking which one would be best for me. Both have good opportunities for me to advance. Hoku wanted me for the experience I have with management and Farm Bureau only had one position open... which is an entry level position. I think I'm over qualified for that job, but I'm hoping to move to other positions quickly. So Farm Bureau is the choice! My main reason for choosing Farm Bureau is my kids. I will get off at 4 everyday and I will have sick days if I need to stay home with them. I have felt every possible emotion you could feel these past few days.... excited, nervous, am I making the right decision, scared, happy...... But I am ready for this change. I worked when Tyler was little, so I know Braedon will be ok. It will be an adjustment for everyone.. Todd mostly!!! He will have to cook and clean more!! woohoo! ha ha Hopefully the kids can adjust quick. I'm sure they will. So, wish me luck! I have a week and a half to prepare.
13 years ago
5 comments:
Good luck Angie, that is great! I am sure it will be fun to be outside of the home more.
Good luck. I'm sure you will do awesome!
YAY! i am excited for you and know you will love getting outside the house, doing your own thing. what exactly will you be doing? do they have a "pay for education" program where they pay for college classes? you should check. again congrats. that's fantastic. keep me posted.
That is awesome! I am very excited for you! Every position you applied for wanted to hire you, so you knew you could be picky. Family first. I think you made a good choice. If you don't move up the latter quick enough you know you can do whatever you want. So I guess our morning conversations are over huh? I guess we will all be adjusting to your knew job!
-Brian
I'm so happy for you. But who will take my kids when I am in a bind now?? Oh well I guess I can find someone else.
Post a Comment