Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Daddy's Helper...



Lately, Braedon has been so attached to Todd. Last night Braedon wanted to help Todd make dinner. I thought it was the cutest thing! They were making eggs and Todd actually let Braedon crack them! He did a really good job too.
Todd took the boys dirt biking on Sunday and Monday. This was their first time out for the year. Braedon helped Todd get the bikes all loaded and all their gear loaded. I forgot to get pictures of that. It was so cute! Braedon just absolutely loves to go dirt biking. For now he rides with Todd, but I'm sure that will change soon! I get so nervous watching them ride. I usually just stay home. Todd will go off jumps with Braedon and go on some really steep stuff. Braedon loves telling me what they did while they were gone. I would rather not hear about it! So far we've been lucky with any big accidents. Tyler has had a couple of good crashes so he is really nervous about riding. I don't see him doing it too much longer. He is so scared to crash that he rides very very slow. Maybe it will change. I would like to see him stay with it. But you can't be afraid to crash, especially with all the gear you have on. They are pretty protected.
I just remembered something we did with Braedon last year.... We had a really hard time getting him to poop in the toilet. So everyday that he went, Todd would take him for a ride around the neighborhood on the dirt bike. It worked! One day, though, Braedon went in his pants and Todd had to ride around without Braedon to teach him. It was so sad but I think that was the last time Todd rode by himself!

2 comments:

Kris said...

Hey, great idea! How bout I do that for Kaden! Everytime he poops Todd takes him for a ride?!?! Ha Ha just kidding....This kid and potty training are KILLING me!!!

Anonymous said...

Thats funny I remember the potty training and getting him trained with the motor bike. It has been a year already? WOW! Skylar helped me crack eggs Sunday morning as well. It's her favorite. She is not very good at it. I have to keep a the pan under the egg as much as I can.

-Brian