Tyler has been asking if he could have a fish for probably a few years now. I've always said no because it is just another thing that I would end up taking care of. Well, he still had some birthday money left and started asking for a fish again. I warned him that fish in a bowl usually don't live that long. He said that was fine, he just wants a fish. So, I gave in and let him get a fish. It is a beta fish but just a little tiny one. I figured we could watch it grow, but then remembered what I told Tyler in the beginning.....that fish don't live that long. So I don't know how big this one will get. It's hard to tell in the picture, but it is a really pretty blue color. Tyler has had the fish for a week and so far has done really good. I will have to help him clean the bowl, but I guess that won't be too bad. I guess having a fish isn't so bad after all.......yet :)
13 years ago
3 comments:
Cute! At least he isn't begging for a snake or something! We had a beta fish in Grant's room for a while and we turned off the heater when we went out of town. Well, he froze to death. So beware!
Good for you! I keep telling my boys the same thing. We have dogs I have to remind them to take care of already. I don't think I can give in to a fish or bird or reptile of any sort yet!
We got Easton some fish for Christmas a couple of years ago and a frog. The frog lasted about 6 months, but the fish weren't as hardy. Good luck. I have seen beta's last for a long time. You buy them from a cup!:)
Post a Comment